About Superconductor Science and Technology
Superconductor Science and Technology™ is an international multidisciplinary journal for papers on all aspects of superconductivity. The coverage includes theories of superconductivity, the basic physics of superconductors, the relation of microstructure and growth to superconducting properties, the theory of novel devices, and the fabrication, properties and applications of thin films and devices. It also encompasses the manufacture and properties of conductors, and their application in the construction of magnets and heavy current machines, together with enabling technology.
Superconductor Science and Technology now considers papers based on modelling results so long as they provide context and the need for using modelling as the research approach, outline clearly the basis for the model or models used, and provide the potential of the application of the model to experimental and applied research.
Please note Superconductor Science and Technology does not consider purely theoretical papers; theoretical papers must be clearly linked to experiments reported either in the paper itself or in the current literature.
Why should you publish in Superconductor Science and Technology?
- High standards: fair, rigorous and constructive review process.
- Fast publication: we are committed to providing you with a fast, professional service to ensure rapid first decision, acceptance and publication. Once accepted, your article will be accessible to readers within 24 hours and will include a citable DOI.
- Open access: the choice to make individual articles available on an open access basis (on payment of an article publication charge).
- Transfer opportunities: as well as accepting direct submissions, the journal also offers you a quick and easy solution to transfer your manuscript from another IOP Publishing journal if it does not fit that journal’s scope or significance criteria. Articles are transferred along with peer review reports to save time and avoid duplication of work for reviewers.
- International Editorial Board: led by Editor-in-Chief Cathy Foley, CSIRO, Australia.
- Society owned: IOP Publishing is a leading society publisher of advanced physics research. Any profits generated by IOP Publishing are invested in the Institute of Physics, helping to support research, education and outreach around the world.
- Papers: Reports of high-quality original research with conclusions representing a significant advance in the field. There are no formal length restrictions.
- Letters: These articles should report very substantial new advances in superconductivity and its applications. They should be no longer than five journal pages or 4500 words including figures. Authors will also need to provide a letter of justification outlining reasons why the work is urgent and requires rapid publication. Each Letter will be assessed for suitability by our Letters Editor before full peer-review takes place. All Letters aim to have a third-party expert in the field Viewpoint written in response, on the significance of the Letter as a new advance and provide a view on what the letter means for superconductivity and its applications.
- Topical reviews: Review articles commissioned by the Editorial Board. Topical reviews should present the background to and general overview of the field, report on progress and discuss the current state of the art.
- Focus issue articles: Usually invited articles, but individuals may submit directly, which will form a special collection of papers on a specific theme. When asked to select ‘Article Type’ on the submission system, please select ‘Special Issue Article’. Then select the special issue you’re submitting to in the drop-down box that appears. Focus Issues are prefaced by an Editorial piece by the issue’s Guest Editors, providing context on the significance of the topic.
- Roadmaps: Authoritative, broad, multi-author reviews with leaders in the field discussing the latest important developments. Commissioned by the Editorial Board.
Our Publishing Support website provides more information on our reviewing process.
If an article is not accepted for publication in Superconductor Science and Technology, we may offer the author the opportunity to transfer their submission to other suitable journals we publish. This process is explained in more detail on our Publishing Support website.
Inclusivity and diversity
IOP Publishing recognises that there are inequalities within the scientific publishing and research ecosystems. We are committed to a progressive approach to inclusivity and diversity, and are working hard to eliminate discrimination to foster an equitable and welcoming publishing environment for all.
More information about our work on inclusivity is available on our Open Physics hub.
Please note that this policy requires authors to include a data availability statement in their article.
For any questions about the policy please contact the journal.
Many research funders now require authors to make all data related to their research available in an online repository. Please refer to the policy for further information about research data, data repositories and data citation.
Alternatively authors who do not select the gold open access option can choose a green open access route to publication.
Publication on a subscription-access basis is free of charge.
|Article publication charge*||£2125||€2440||$2930|
|Reduced article publication charge* for Group B countries**||£500||€575||$675|
|Reduced article publication charge for Group A countries**||£0||€0||$0|
*excluding VAT where applicable
**eligibility criteria can be found here
APCs only apply to articles accepted for publication; there are no submission charges.
There are no other charges for publishing in Superconductor Science and Technology.
Transformative AgreementsSuperconductor Science and Technology is included in our transformative agreements which allow authors from some institutions to publish open access without paying an APC.
If you are covered by an agreement, use our author guide to help you submit your paper.
Countries where we have transformative agreements include:
Austria, Canada, Croatia, Finland, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Germany, Poland, The Netherlands, United Kingdom, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, Sweden and Switzerland.
Paying for open access
Various discounts, waivers and funding arrangements are available to support our authors. Visit our Paying for open access page for further details.
Abstracting and indexing services
We work with our authors to help make their work as easy to discover as possible. Superconductor Science and Technology is currently included in the following abstracting and discovery services:
- Chemical Abstracts Service
- CNKI Scholar
- EBSCO Academic Search Alumni Edition
- EBSCO Academic Search Complete
- EBSCO Academic Search Elite
- EBSCO Academic Search Premier
- EBSCO Academic Search Ultimate
- EBSCO Applied Science & Technology Abstracts
- EBSCO Applied Science & Technology Source
- EBSCO Applied Science & Technology Source Ultimate
- EBSCO Applied Science and Technology Index
- EBSCO Computers & Applied Sciences Complete
- EBSCO Engineering Source
- EBSCO STM Source
- EBSCO TOC Premier
- Ei Compendex
- INIS (International Nuclear Information System)
- NASA Astrophysics Data System
- VINITI Abstracts Journal (Referativnyi Zhurnal)
- Web of Science (Science Citation Index, Science Citation Index Expanded, Current Contents – Physical, Chemical & Earth Sciences)
- Yewno Unearth