CC BY licence (current)
Articles published by IOP under the gold open access model are currently published under a CC BY licence. This grants everyone (both authors of the article and anyone else) the rights to use original content from the article (for both commercial and non-commercial purposes) and to share the article after publication, provided the CC BY licence terms are fully adhered to.
The CC BY licence allows you to:
- Copy, distribute and transmit the Final Published Version of the article and/or the Version of Record
- Share the Final Published Version and/or the Version of Record of the article online at any time after publication by IOP
- Make and distribute adaptations of the article and
- Reuse original figures/text from the article for any purpose (including commercial)
on the condition that (see licence for full terms):
- Attribution to the author(s), the title of the work, journal citation and DOI is maintained
- A link to the licence is provided and
- You indicate if any changes were made.
Please note that you must still obtain express permission from the copyright owner to reuse any third party content contained within the article (as content which is not original to the article will not be covered by the CC BY licence).