About Semiconductor Science and Technology
Devoted to semiconductor research, Semiconductor Science and Technology‘s™ multidisciplinary approach reflects the far-reaching nature of this topic.
The scope of the journal covers fundamental and applied experimental and theoretical studies of the properties of non-organic, organic and oxide semiconductors, their interfaces and devices, including:
- fundamental properties
- materials and nanostructures
- devices and applications
- fabrication and processing
- new analytical techniques
- emerging fields:
- materials and devices for quantum technologies
- hybrid structures and devices
- 2D and topological materials
- semiconductors for energy
- flexible electronics
Why should you publish in Semiconductor Science and Technology?
- High standards: fast, rigorous and fair review process.
- Fast publication: we are committed to providing you with a fast, professional service to ensure rapid first decision, acceptance and publication. Once accepted, your article will be accessible to readers within 24 hours and will include a citable DOI.
- Open access: the choice to make individual articles available on an open access basis (on payment of an article publication charge).
- Transfer opportunities: as well as accepting direct submissions, the journal also offers you a quick and easy solution to transfer your manuscript from another IOP Publishing journal if it does not fit that journal’s scope or significance criteria. Articles are transferred along with peer review reports to save time and avoid duplication of work for reviewers.
- International Editorial Board: led by Editor-in-Chief Koji Ishibashi, Advanced Device Laboratory, RIKEN, Japan.
- Society owned: IOP Publishing is a leading society publisher of advanced physics research. Any profits generated by IOP Publishing are invested in the Institute of Physics, helping to support research, education and outreach around the world.
Semiconductor Science and Technology welcomes submissions of the following article types:
- Papers: reports of high-quality original research with conclusions representing a significant advance in the field.
- Letters: brief, urgent communications of no more than 3500 words (four journal pages) that require rapid publication. These are to be submitted alongside a short letter of justification explaining why the manuscript requires accelerated consideration.
- Topical Reviews: written by leading researchers in their fields, these articles present the background to and overview of a particular field, and the current state of the art. Topical review articles are normally invited by the Editorial Board.
- Special issue articles: invited articles, which will form a special collection of papers on a specific theme. When asked to select ‘Article Type’ on the submission system, please select ‘Special Issue Article’. Then select the special issue you’re submitting to in the drop-down box that appears.
Our Publishing Support website provides more information on our reviewing process.
If an article is not accepted for publication in Semiconductor Science and Technology, we may offer the author the opportunity to transfer their submission to other suitable journals we publish. This process is explained in more detail on our Publishing Support website.
Inclusivity and diversity
IOP Publishing recognises that there are inequalities within the scientific publishing and research ecosystems. We are committed to a progressive approach to inclusivity and diversity, and are working hard to eliminate discrimination to foster an equitable and welcoming publishing environment for all.
More information about our work on inclusivity is available on our Open Physics hub.
Please note that this policy requires authors to include a data availability statement in their article.
For any questions about the policy please contact the journal.
Many research funders now require authors to make all data related to their research available in an online repository. Please refer to the policy for further information about research data, data repositories and data citation.
Alternatively authors who do not select the gold open access option can choose a green open access route to publication.
Publication on a subscription-access basis is free of charge.
|Article publication charge*||£2125||€2440||$2930|
|Reduced article publication charge* for Group B countries**||£500||€575||$675|
|Reduced article publication charge for Group A countries**||£0||€0||$0|
*excluding VAT where applicable
**eligibility criteria can be found here
APCs only apply to articles accepted for publication; there are no submission charges.
There are no other charges for publishing in Semiconductor Science and Technology.
Transformative AgreementsSemiconductor Science and Technology is included in our transformative agreements which allow authors from some institutions to publish open access without paying an APC.
If you are covered by an agreement, use our author guide to help you submit your paper.
Countries where we have transformative agreements include:
Austria, Canada, Croatia, Finland, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Germany, Poland, The Netherlands, United Kingdom, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, Sweden and Switzerland.
Paying for open access
Various discounts, waivers and funding arrangements are available to support our authors. Visit our Paying for open access page for further details.
Abstracting and indexing services
We work with our authors to help make their work as easy to discover as possible. Semiconductor Science and Technology is currently included in the following abstracting and discovery services:
- Baidu Scholar
- Chemical Abstracts Service
- EBSCO Academic Search Alumni Edition
- EBSCO Academic Search Complete
- EBSCO Academic Search Elite
- EBSCO Academic Search Premier
- EBSCO Academic Search Ultimate
- EBSCO Applied Science & Technology Source
- EBSCO Applied Science & Technology Source Ultimate
- EBSCO Book Review Digest Plus
- EBSCO Computer Science Index
- EBSCO Computers & Applied Sciences Complete
- EBSCO Engineering Source
- EBSCO STM Source
- Ei Compendex
- INIS (International Nuclear Information System)
- NASA Astrophysics Data System
- Naver Academic
- R Discovery
- Semantic Scholar
- VINITI Abstracts Journal (Referativnyi Zhurnal)
- Web of Science (Science Citation Index Expanded, Current Contents Electronics & Telecommunications Collection, Current Contents Physical, Chemical & Earth Sciences, Essential Science Indicators)
- WTI AG