Benefits of reviewing for IOP journals
Click here for Chinese language version of this page.
IOP Publishing (IOP) is committed to recognising and rewarding peer review. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy as a reviewer:
- When you review for an IOP journal you may claim a 10% discount towards the cost of publishing an article in the same journal on a gold open access basis, within 12 months of your review.
- We recognise our best reviewers via IOP Trusted Reviewer certification. You can be fast-tracked towards IOP Trusted Reviewer certification by completing our free training course here.
- We offer free, interactive online peer review workshops for our reviewers. Register your interest here.
- By reviewing for our journals you will be eligible for the IOP Publishing Reviewer Awards.
- For participating journals you can opt in to publish your reviewer reports and view other reviewer comments via Transparent Peer Review.
Benefits through Publons
Through our partnership with Publons, you can access the following benefits.
- Receive notifications when the paper you have reviewed is published (even if in a different journal)
- Automatically sync your peer review activity in Publons with your ORCID activity
- Share or request credit for any co-review activity
- Export your reviewing history as a Publons CV.