IOP Publishing (IOP) has partnered with Publons, a free service which enables you to track, verify and showcase your peer review contributions. This demonstrates your contribution to scholarly communication beyond authorship. You can seamlessly have your reviewer records updated in Publons with the click of a button. You gain recognition even if the manuscript is never published, and only the name of the journal and the year of the review will be displayed, so anonymity is completely protected. To find out more about Publons and join over 75,000 other experts committed to reviving peer review, see here or tick the Publons box when you next review for an IOP journal.
- Track your reviews across different journals and publishers
- Your profile updates automatically once you have opted in
- Get notified when articles you have reviewed are published
- Compare your reviewing behaviour with others
- Track citations and altmetric scores of articles you’ve reviewed
- Sync your profile with your ORCID ID
- Use your Publons record as support for a green card application
What happens if I opt in to Publons when I’m doing a review for one of your journals?
By selecting “Yes” you are opting in to the Publons service and data about this review will be transferred to Publons. By default, the content of the review will not be publicly displayed, and only the year of the review and the journal title will be shown on reviewer profiles. You may edit what is displayed for any review or opt out of the service at any time.