Skip to content
Terms and conditions for reviewer rewards
- Discounts are granted at the Publisher’s discretion, subject to you submitting a timely and detailed report for the article you reviewed.
- You can only use one reviewer discount per article, unless alternative arrangements are specified on a journal’s ‘Publication Charges’ information page.
- You can use the discount against article processing charges on any IOP-owned journal, not just the journal for which you reviewed.
- You can use your reviewer discount for up to two years from the date your report was submitted.
- The discount can only be used to pay the open access article publication charge for an article.
- Your reviewer discount can only be used for articles on which you are named as an author (you do not have to be the corresponding or first-named author).
- Your reviewer discount can only be used on papers accepted after you completed your review.
- No cash equivalent is available.
- The reviewer discount cannot be used in conjunction with other discounts such as institutional membership schemes.
- When reviewers co-review a manuscript together, both reviewers are entitled to a 10% APC discount. The same terms and conditions apply.