About Physica Scripta
Physica Scripta™ is an international journal for original research in any branch of experimental and theoretical physics. Articles will be considered in any of the following topics, and interdisciplinary topics involving physics are also welcomed:
- Atomic, molecular and optical physics
- Plasma physics
- Condensed matter physics
- Mathematical physics
- High energy physics
- Nuclear physics
- Nonlinear physics
The journal aims to increase the visibility and accessibility of research to the wider physical sciences community. Articles on topics of broad interest are encouraged and submissions in more specialist fields should endeavour to include reference to the wider context of their research in the introduction.
Physica Scripta welcomes submissions of the following article types:
- Research Papers: articles that report new research. To meet the criteria for publication, research papers must display originality and scientific rigour, and where possible describe the broader context or relevance of the wor
- Invited Comments and Reviews: articles that describe the current thinking on outstanding problems, open questions, important new applications, new theoretical and experimental approaches, and/or predictions of future developments. These articles should be readily understood by non-specialist physical scientists. Unsolicited submissions of reviews are also welcomed.
- Special Issue and Topical Issue Articles: selected presentations from international conferences or articles addressing a cutting-edge topic in a key area of physics.Submit to a Special Issue
Our Publishing Support website provides more information on our reviewing process.
If an article is not accepted for publication in Physica Scripta, we may offer the author the opportunity to transfer their submission to other suitable journals we publish. This process is explained in more detail on our Publishing Support website.
Inclusivity and diversity
IOP Publishing recognises that there are inequalities within the scientific publishing and research ecosystems. We are committed to a progressive approach to inclusivity and diversity, and are working hard to eliminate discrimination to foster an equitable and welcoming publishing environment for all.
More information about our work on inclusivity is available on our Open Physics hub.
Please note that this policy requires authors to include a data availability statement in their article.
For any questions about the policy please contact the journal.
Many research funders now require authors to make all data related to their research available in an online repository. Please refer to the policy for further information about research data, data repositories and data citation.
Alternatively authors who do not select the gold open access option can choose a green open access route to publication.
Publication on a subscription-access basis is free of charge.
|Article publication charge*||£1570||€1790||$2115|
|Reduced article publication charge* for Group B countries**||£500||€575||$675|
|Reduced article publication charge for Group A countries**||£0||€0||$0|
*excluding VAT where applicable
**eligibility criteria can be found here
APCs only apply to articles accepted for publication; there are no submission charges.
There are no other charges for publishing in Physica Scripta.
Transformative AgreementsPhysica Scripta is included in our transformative agreements which allow authors from some institutions to publish open access without paying an APC.
If you are covered by an agreement, use our author guide to help you submit your paper.
Countries where we have transformative agreements include:
Austria, Canada, Croatia, Finland, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Germany, Poland, The Netherlands, United Kingdom, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, Sweden and Switzerland.
Paying for open access
Various discounts, waivers and funding arrangements are available to support our authors. Visit our Paying for open access page for further details.
Abstracting and indexing services
We work with our authors to help make their work as easy to discover as possible. Physica Scripta is currently included in the following abstracting and discovery services:
- ISI (Science Citation Index®, SciSearch®, ISI Alerting Services, Current Contents®/Physical, Chemical and Earth Sciences)
- Chemical Abstracts Service
- INIS Atomindex (International Nuclear Information System)
- NASA Astrophysics Data System
- VINITI Abstracts Journal (Referativnyi Zhurnal)
- Zentralblatt MATH