Open access for Austria
IOP Publishing (IOP), the Austrian Science Fund (FWF) and the Austrian Academic Consortium (Kooperation E-Medien Österreich, KEMÖ) have been working with universities across Austria to put together an agreement which will allow researchers in Austria to have their article publication charge (APC) paid by their funder or research institute.
Research is eligible for funding if it falls under one of these two categories.
You are funded by the FWF
The FWF will cover costs for APCs for FWF-funded projects in IOP’s gold open access journals as well as all of our hybrid open access journals. The following criteria apply:
- One of the authors must be the project leader or a project staff member
- The project must have been concluded within the last 36 months
- The FWF must be mentioned in the acknowledgements as follows: Austrian Science Fund (FWF): project number.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are not funded by the FWF but are based at a participating Austrian university or institute
IOP has an agreement with the following universities and institutes to fund APCs in our hybrid open access journals:
- Vienna Technical University (Technische Universität Wien)
- Graz Technical University (Technische Universität Graz)
- Vienna University (Universität Wien)
- Johannes Kepler University of Linz (Johannes-Kepler-Universität (JKU) Linz)
- Paris Lodron University of Salzburg (Paris-Lodron-Universität Salzburg)
- Innsbruck University (Universität Innsbruck)
- Institute of Science and Technology Austria (IST)
- Vorarlberg University of Applied Sciences (Fachhochschule Vorarlberg)
- Karl Franzens University of Graz (Karl-Franzens-Universität Graz)
- Austrian Institute of Technology (AIT)
For more information about the offsetting agreements, or to enquire about funding for your APCs, please email the relevant library contact at your university. Contact details can be found on the Austrian Academic Consortium website.