Copyright and Permissions Team SLA
Version date: 22 June 2022
The Service we will provide
The IOP Publishing (IOPP) Copyright and Permissions Team is committed to providing a simple and efficient service to our authors and permission requesters. To achieve this, we will:
- Process and respond to permission requests promptly, in an accurate and clear manner.
- Give clear and consistent guidance to authors in response to copyright and permissions queries.
- Notify relevant teams within IOPP if a request or query is received that is outside our scope.
- Provide and maintain Copyright & Permissions pages on our Publishing Support website to include accurate, helpful, and up-to-date information.
- Regularly review and, if necessary, update the information and support we provide to ensure that it is as clear and helpful as possible.
The Service hours and timescales
- Our business hours are 8am – 5pm (UK time) Monday to Friday.
- We aim to provide a full response to all queries and requests within five working days. This applies to queries sent via email, and via our partner services. If we require any additional information in order to provide a full response, we will inform you of the information we require within this timeframe.
Making the most of our Service
There are a few things to keep in mind when you contact us to ensure we can resolve your query as quickly as possible:
- Permission for reuse of content from the majority of our journals can be requested via the Copyright Clearance Center via the journal page.
- Permission for reuse of content from the majority of our eBooks can be requested via PLSClear.
- When requesting permission via email, we will need the following information:
- The title of the original article from which you wish to reuse content, including a link via DOI if possible
- Which specific figure(s)/extract(s) you wish to reuse
- The title of your new work
- The publisher of your new work
- Feedback and queries can be sent to email@example.com
Back to top