CCC Republication Service
IOP Publishing has partnered with CCC to use their Marketplace to handle permissions requests for content from the majority of our Journals. A full list of IOP owned journals and partner owned journals can be found at http://iopscience.iop.org/journalList under the Publishing Partners tab.
- First go to marketplace.copyright.com and enter the title of the journal you wish to reuse content from in the search box at the top of the page
- Find the correct journal from the list which appears, ensuring that ‘IOP Publishing’ is listed as the Publisher. Clicking the ‘Get permission to reuse article’ link directly on the article page will also get you to this point. Click the corresponding “Request Permission” link under the journal/e-journal from which you wish to reuse content
- From this next page, select the general purpose of your reuse, and who the permission is for using the drop down menu. Then click the “Next” button
- This will take you to the CCC Marketplace form, where you can complete details and make your full request. Pick the appropriate option for your new work. For example:
- If you are producing a new book or article to be published by another STM Signatory publisher, then choose “Reuse in a book under STM Guidelines” or “Reuse in a journal under STM Guidelines.” You can consult the STM Guidlines website to see whether your new publisher is a signatory to the STM Permissions Guidelines
- If you are producing a new book or article to be published by a publisher not listed on the STM Guidlines website as a signatory to the STM Permissions Guidelines, then choose “Republish in a book” or “Republish in a journal/magazine”
- If you are including reused material in your thesis, then choose “Republish in a thesis/dissertation”
This will bring up the relevant form, where you can enter information about your intended reuse. If you do not know all the information required, your new publisher/institution will be able to provide it.
- Please complete as many of the fields as you are able. This is so that IOP Publishing has the exact information about the content you wish to reuse so that your new publisher is granted the correct permission. Questions about the new work you are unsure of can be completed as “N/A” if your publisher cannot provide you with an answer.
- For the question “Who will republish the content”, it is important that if you are the original author of the content you wish to reuse, you select “Author of requested content”, regardless of where and how the work is being reused.
- Once finished, click “NEXT” at the bottom right of the page. You will now be taken to a new page, asking you to log in or register an account with CCC. Because the majority of STM publishers use some form of CCC permissions software, creating an account will be useful.
If you have any questions about how to use this service to request permission from IOP Publishing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.orgBack to top