Researchers from New Zealand
IOP Publishing (IOP) has transformative agreements with a number of institutions in New Zealand to enable a transition to open access publishing from 1st January 2023.
Who can benefit?
All corresponding authors that are current staff members, researchers (permanent, temporary and visiting), or students at one of the institutions below at the point of submission, can publish open access at no cost to themselves. The corresponding author is the author that submits the manuscript and is responsible for communicating with the journal during the submission, peer review and publication process.
- Articles accepted from 1st January 2023 will be eligible for transformative agreement funding to enable authors to publish open access with no cost to themselves
- Research paper, special issue, letter and review article types
- Included journals are those in lists A, B, C and D. Click here for a full title list of eligible journals.
A very limited number of journals carry additional charges. Please access the journal home pages here and check the publication charges tab for further information.
You may find our author guide for submitting under a transformative agreement helpful located in our Transformative Agreement hub.
For more information, please contact your relevant library contact at your university.
Council of Australian University Librarians (CAUL):
- Auckland University of Technology
- University of Auckland
- University of Canterbury
- University of Otago
- Victoria University of Wellington
- University of Waikato