Information for authors in receipt of federal funding
If you are in receipt of a grant from, or in the employ of, a federally funded organization such as the Department of Energy, please ensure you are familiar with the requirements of your specific funder/employer regarding public access to published research.
IOP Publishing is a member of CHORUS (Clearinghouse for the Open Research of the United States).
CHORUS is a collaborative membership organization working directly with funders and publishers to deliver public access to published articles on federally funded research.
Our membership of CHORUS means that we are implementing new processes to help reduce the administrative burden on researchers in complying with different funder policies.
The agencies listed below have agreements in place with CHORUS:
- Department of Defense (DOD)
- Department of Energy (DOE)
- Department of the Interior (DOI)
- Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Office of the Department of National Intelligence (ODNI)
- Smithsonian Institution (SI)
- US Agency for International Development (USAID)
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- US Department of Agriculture (USDA)