Join the IOP Publishing Researcher Insight Group
We’d like to hear more from our customers about their experience of publishing, and so are introducing a new initiative – the IOP Publishing Researcher Insight Group (RIG). This new collaboration between IOP Publishing and Bristol University aims to improve the way we work with researchers throughout the publishing process.
The group is especially interested in hearing from researchers who are currently within the first 8-10 years of their research activity, however, if you are a more experienced academic and would like to contribute we would be happy to hear from you too.
As a member of the RIG, you’ll receive:
- Rewards for interviews as a thank you for your time (typically in the form of a gift voucher with Amazon);
- A digital certificate naming you ‘Advisor to IOP Publishing’ that you can use on your resume and in funding applications;
- The opportunity to view and provide feedback on our digital products and services ahead of your peers.
RIG members will be asked to participate in a short conversation every month or so for a maximum of one hour. Conversations will typically be via video conferencing tools or telephone. As a member, you can expect to be asked to:
- Participate in face-to-face interviews about concepts for new IOPP digital products and services;
- Participate in usability tests of prototypes or improvements to existing functionality by carrying out simple web-based tasks and talking through your experience;
- Give honest feedback of existing services and how to improve them;
- Provide insight into the challenges faced in your jobs, in particular around getting published or participating in peer review.
We look forward to hearing from you!