Why publish your ebook with IOP Publishing?
IOP ebooks is an award-winning book programme that brings together innovative digital publishing with leading voices in scientific, technical, engineering and medical (STEM) research to create the essential collection of books for a digital world.
Centred around e-publication, our books programme allows authors and readers to benefit from cutting edge digital publishing capabilities, rapid publication times, and enhanced reader experience as standard that users have come to expect from our online publishing platform. With our book and journal production being XML driven, we are able to offer authors the opportunity to publish content in new and exciting ways with interactivity and user customisation at the heart of this.
By choosing to publish with us, your book will become part of a collection that will play an essential role in communicating STEM research of the highest quality. We are able to offer all our authors true global exposure, with ebooks being hosted on our integrated, device dynamic platform IOPscience.
Through our journal portfolio we have built strong ties and presence in the scientific community. We have established partnerships with some of the leading societies and are proud to be working with publishers, Morgan & Claypool, American Astronomical Society, Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine, and the Biophysical Society in our books programme thus far.
Some key features of the IOP ebooks programme:
- No DRM: designed specifically for electronic delivery, IOP ebooks allows DRM-free simultaneous access for all users
- Fully integrated platform: book and journal content in one place on IOPscience.
- E-reader compatibility: books and chapters are published in HTML, ePub3, PDF, and MOBI (Kindle) formats for maximum reader flexibility
- Rapid publication times: books will be published within 12 weeks of acceptance of final manuscript
- Multimedia and interactive content: becomes part of the book rather than an additional aspect. Additionally files such as codes or data sets can also be embedded in the work.
- Full-colour print: as standard for author copies and print on demand
- Free unlimited access for all readers: at the point of use for those at purchasing institutions
- Flexibility: we can make updates to the books after publication.
- Books can range in length from as little as 50 pages up to several hundred pages.