Researchers from Norway
IOP Publishing (IOP) has an agreement with a number of Norwegian universities through the CRISTIN consortia to allow university libraries to manage the cost of hybrid article publication charges (APCs) for open access publishing alongside their annual journal subscription costs.
In this arrangement IOP Publishing will locally offset the bulk of the APC of qualifying articles with the institution’s journal license fees.
All IOP and selected partner subscription titles that offer a hybrid open access option are included in the agreement.
How to take advantage of this arrangement
You should contact your university’s open access team to establish whether your APCs will be covered by their centralized funds. This is because each participating university has its own policy in relation to the funding of APCs and has different funding mechanisms in place.
If funding is available either select the ‘open access’ option on article submission, or inform the journal to make the change. You will receive an invoice which you can pay as directed by your library.
- Institute for Energy Technology
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology (contact: email@example.com)
- Oslo University Hospital – UiO
- SINTEF (contact: OAfirstname.lastname@example.org)
- UiT The Arctic University of Norway (contact: email@example.com)
- University College of Southeast Norway
- University of Bergen
- University of Oslo (contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- University of Stavanger