Journal of Neural Engineering: 2016 Reviewer Awards
Reviewer of the Year: Dr Jing Jin, East China University of Science and Technology, China
For Dr Jing Jin it is an honour to be named Reviewer of the Year. Dr Jing feels it is his duty to contribute to the Journal of Neural Engineering and is keen to widen its sphere of influence. The published articles are of high quality, and the journal provides scientists with vital access to significant and relevant research.
When reviewing manuscripts, Dr Jing wants to see new findings, novel ideas and innovative techniques. He values articles that clearly contribute to their field of research, benefiting peers by shedding light on a particular question and enabling them to follow new lines of enquiry. It is therefore important that researchers demonstrate knowledge and present well thought out theories and methodologies.
Dr Jing is particularly excited by research that translates into practice or has real-world applications, citing Filter bank canonical correlation analysis for implementing a high-speed SSVEP-based brain–computer interface as one such paper that has recently captured his imagination.
As a reviewer, Dr Jing recognizes the importance of patience and advises others to be methodical in their approach to reviewing, knowing that if a manuscript is poorly written or contains grammatical and spelling errors, it is unlikely to be selected as a featured article even if the research itself is laudable. Dr Jing therefore encourages readers to vote for featured papers, in order to widen the influence of journals such as the Journal of Neural Engineering.
- Dr Cristian Axenie, Technische Universität München, Germany
- Dr Ian Daly, University of Reading, UK
- Dr Jean Delbeke, Private address, Belgium
- Dr Ilka Diester, Max Plank Gesellschaft Ernst Strungmann Institute, Germany
- Dr Jens Haueisen, Friedrich-Schiller Universitat Jena, Germany
- Mr Matt Higger, Northeastern University, United States
- Dr Dewen Hu, National University of Defense Technology, China
- Dr Mads Jochumsen, Aalborg University, Denmark
- Dr Stiliyan Kalitzin, Dutch Epilepsy Clinics Foundation, Netherlands
- Dr Joost le Feber, University of Twente, Netherlands
- Dr Hang Li, Lehigh University, United States
- Professor Winfried Mayr, Medizinische Universität Wien, Austria
- Dr Dennis McFarland, National Center for Adaptive Neurotechnologies, United States
- Dr Dan Merrill, Ripple, United States
- Dr Angel Peterchev, Duke University, United States
- Professor Gert Pfurtscheller, Technischen Universitaet Graz, Austria
- Professor James Reilly, McMaster University, Canada
- Dr Raphaëlle Roy, CEA, France
- Dr Felix Scholkmann, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
- Dr William Stacey, University of Michigan, United States
- Dr Luca Tonin, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, Italy
- Dr George Townsend, Algoma University, Canada
- Dr Boshuo Wang, Duke University, United States
- Dr Matthew Wood, Washington University in St Louis, United States