IOP Conference Series publication procedure
The following notes provide a summary of the IOP Conference Series publishing process.
- Submit a quote request online, or contact us directly with details of the conference.
- The IOP Conference Series team will review the details of your conference and write to confirm if we can offer a proceedings publishing contract.
- Conferences must register to use our proceedings management platform to handle the peer review process. Each conference will have its own account and dedicated area on the platform.
- The organizers must inform authors of the IOP Proceedings Licence.
- Authors submit their papers to the conference organizers via the proceedings management platform and conference organisers act as editors managing the peer review process. Once review of the papers is completed the conference organizers submit the final papers to IOP Conference Series with a single click. Papers submitted to IOP Publishing must be in PDF format and in their final version ready for publication. IOP Publishing does not edit or proofread papers after they are submitted. Please ensure that any changes have been approved by authors prior to the PDFs being submitted to IOP Publishing.
- Production and publication. We will process the PDFs into a format suitable for publication and upload them to our pre-publication servers. The communicating editor will be sent a username and password to access that server to make a final check of the proceedings before final publication. Please note the following important points:
- Once a paper has been published online, changes will only be permitted in cases of serious scientific error. In those cases, an erratum or corrigendum will be published according to the standard practices of professional scientific publishing.
- Change requests relating to stylistic issues cannot be made to proceedings once they are published, so it is important that authors and organizers ensure papers have been adequately checked and proofread prior to submission.
- Upon publication we will write to authors (who have supplied an e-mail address) informing them of publication and providing them with a link to their paper.
- Printed copies (if required) are provided by Curran Associates.